I'm not lazy, not really! Growing up with a Dad who often said,"and what did you do today to justify your existence, little girl?", often had me thinking that I was! So now that I have retired after 32 years of full time teaching and 7 years of being a "Supply", I have days when I do nothing, and feel guilty. Like today. It's snowing again and I decided not to go out. So I shopped online instead. Perhaps later I'll de-snow my car, and the dog does need a walk!!
The year has actually been quite busy. Doing alot of nothing adds up, over time!
I can't even remember last January. A couple movies, dinner out, meeting my sis at the mall. In mid February Bear and I drove to St Augustine, Florida, with the dog in the back. We were on the ocean, just down the beach from my sis and her husband. Our big furball Alaskan Malamute loved the beach as much as we did. We walked, shopped, ate out, enjoyed family, watched the turtles and rabbits from the balcony. Listened to the surf and watched the pelicans. The 4 weeks flew.
Putting together my kitchen island took two intelligent people a full day of frustration. I still love it, and him. In the spring I had to paint the deck again. I bought a hard top gazebo that took all day to put up. Bear and I are still together after that ordeal. A hobby room was built and painted in the basement. Also the main floor cleared out so the whole house could be painted.
My daughter and her significant other were here in August. When they left, sis and I went to Rome/Sorrento for 10 days!
Plus birthdays, Thanksgiving and Xmas shopping. Sangrias at Emma's and coffee at whatever mall. Gardening, reading, dog walking and snoozing.
There, I'm not really lazy after all! Time to get over this guilt thing!
Happy New Year! 2013
My dear sissy, if you think you are lazy, then I am a total slug!!! I just can't admit to that!!Ok, we all have the occassional "relaxing" day, but at our age we deserve it!!The important thing is you did loads of stuff and we did lots of exciting things!! We will allow D and R to enjoy our company again...if they will have us!! Overall a very good year!
ReplyDelete